In our final Formula1 podcast of the 2012 Formula1 season, Rishi Kapoor and I donned our tuxedos to come up with the '2012 Formula1 Podcast Awards'.
The credit for the concept and award categories goes to our avid listener Latesh Wakodkar, thank you! And as always, while the categories and nominations may seem standard, the eventual winners of course aren't. Now what's Formula1 without a little bit of humour from Rishi and myself!
Here's what is in store:
- A quick message to congratulate Narain Karthikeyan and Karun Chandhok for winning Race of Champions Asia Nations Cup! And crash-kid Romain Grosjean for winning the 'Champion of Champions' title!
- 2012 Formula1 Podcast Award Categories (and nominees)
1. Fulcrum of the Year (Pirelli P-Zero, Newey, Alonso)
2. Rumour of the Year (Alonso's team-mate(s), return of Adrian Sutil)
3. Technology of the Year (Coanda exhausts, D-DRS )
4. Demise of the Year (HRT, Mercedes AMG)
5. Pitstop of the Year (Mclaren's 5 wheel pitstop, Mclaren's World Record pitstop)
6. Promotion of the Year (Monisha Kaltenborn, Sergio Perez, Charles Pic)
7. 'Keep Distance From Me' of the Year (Pastor Maldonado, Narain Karthikeyan, Romain Grosjean) - (yes, we pick two winners for this award!)
8. 'How Did That Happen' of the Year (Hamilton-Mercedes, Perez-Mclaren, Hulkenberg-Sauber, Schumacher's Monaco Pole and more...)
9. 'WOW Factor' of the Year (7 out of 7, Maldonado and Rosberg's maiden victories, Marussia - Caterham fight and more...)
10. Chaos of the Year (Abu Dhabi, Suzuka and Spa Turn 1, HRT)
11. Overtaking Maneuvre of the Year (Massa-Senna in Singapore, Raikkonen-Hulkenberg in Austin, Alonso-Grosjean in Valencia and some 1456 other moves!)
12. (our Oscars!) Race of the Year (Valencia, Austin, Brazil)
- Over to the 2013 Formula1 Season
A few more weeks before the official car launches and pre-season testing take precedence in our lives. A few Formula1 seats are still pending as we eagerly await announcements from Sahara Force India and Caterham! Till then, Rishi and I promise to keep you entertained. As for now, we have the 2012 Formula1 Podcast Awards! See you in the New Year...!
|< Prev||Next >|